Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41 ->  Members cars -> 380GT -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon Only if you have registered by Email as per the instructions in the forum)

New members 06 380 GT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members cars -> 380GTMessage format

380gtz
Posted 4/8/2013 11:16 (#15445)
Subject: New members 06 380 GT

Greetings, this is my first post on this forum. I signed straight up after buying a 06 380 GT. Its my daily driver now. I owned a 99 Magna Sports (manual) as a daily and recently clocked over 350xxxkms with only drive shafts needing replacing along the way (+ servicing/maintenance). I was impressed with its value for money features, performance and running costs and thought why not get a newer version with the 380.

So I ended up getting a stock, 75xxxkm silver 06 GT for $10000. Bargain I thougt since 6 years ago it was $50k driveraway. It has everything except for satnav. Insured for 13k @ $415 per annum. I hope to lower it, put on a set of charcoal rims and that'll do.

From my reading on here, King Springs seem to be the way to go? 30-35mm drop? I believe it has 17" stock rims, what would compliment a lowered 380 - 19"s? I think 18 will be too similar to stock, 20's seem to big and harsh?

I also own a 71 240z which has been ground up restored and modernised using race parts from Japan+USA, an R34 manual RB25det halfcut, sprayed in Ford RS Focus Green. So the 380 GT while nice and comfortable isnt my love and project, just a class daily driver in my opinion.

Ill post some pics when I detail and clean the car properly... Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 4/8/2013 22:20 (#15451 - in reply to #15445)
Subject: Re: New members 06 380 GT

Frequent flyer Gold

Welcome mate....you've picked the GT...the sweetest of the bunch...well done.

The satnav is the AVN6000...I've been picking them up on ebay for between 200and 400 dollars...they are by far the nicest fit, although without the latest iphone features etc.

The king springs will disappoint you...the ride will not be the refined GT feel...it will be more boy racer without gaining you anything in performance.

I went for the Koni setup (same as my TMR380) and at times regret it, especially on long trips....but that's just me.

19 inch rims are a great fit and legal on a 380....I use Yokohama Advan Sport ZR19/225/40 with a 46mm offset....the offset must be as close as possible to 46mm else you aren't legal.

For brakes a couple of us have the 8 piston Ksport and 4 piston rears, you will find that with larger wheels the brakes look inferior....

allow $4k for brakes
$2k for suspension
$3-4k for wheels and tyres.

Still going to do it?

The intake snorkel from a US galant available from eBay is a good performance mod....but measuring it is..well...who knows? $50 to $100 bucks on ebay

Please don't do the KN air filter....a silly non performing mod...proven.
380gtz
Posted 5/8/2013 05:22 (#15461 - in reply to #15445)
Subject: Re: New members 06 380 GT

Thanks for the reply mate.

Do you still have SatNavs for sale? Is it a simple plug in?

In terms of lowering, im only after a nice stance and to help compliment larger rims, not overly into performance (for this car) etc. Dont want a boy racer feel or overly harsh ride, can you reccommend anything that will lower the car 30mm and still ride comfortably. (and yes im aware the larger diametre rims + lowered springs will result in a harsher ride) but something of a comprimise between looks and comfort.

Are the TMR 19's still available for sale or made NOS?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: www.380DB.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)