Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41 ->  Technical info for the 380 -> How to and DIY area -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon Only if you have registered by Email as per the instructions in the forum)

Squeaky seats ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Technical info for the 380 -> How to and DIY areaMessage format

Administrator
Posted 4/6/2013 17:47 (#15215)
Subject: Squeaky seats ?

Frequent flyer Gold

Some of you may recall I had my drivers' seat replaced under warranty a couple of years ago.

My GT is still under warranty for another 4 months but who can be bothered arguing again with the dealer etc etc etc?

Today I ripped the seat out....(disabling the side airbag which is in trhe seat, by unplugging the negative from the battery and waiting 5 minutes!!!!)

After alot of pissing about and removing/fitting the seat about a zillion times....I found the CULPRIT!

Under the seat base, which is yellow injection type of foam...there are parallel wires that are spring loaded.

Over time they form a gouge in the foam and squeak when the seat moves up/down/left/right whatever.

THE FIX?

Get a can of RP7/CRC whatever lubricant takes your fancy and spray the entire yellow exposed base area under the seat.
Don't try doing it with the seat in the car....shit will go everywhere, including inside the seat controller electronics if you do so.

Move the seat all the way forward...then undo the two 14mm floor rail bolts at the back.
Move the seat back all the way to expose the two front 14mm nuts....don't remove them entirely...disconnect the battery negative now...and wait a while.
Tilt the front of the seat up so you can see the plugs underneath.

All bar the yellow one are unclipped simply by squeezing the mating end.
The yellow plug needs a flat screwdriver to slide the white bit back...carefully...don't break it.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TOUCH THE YELLOW CONNECTOR (SIDE AIRBAG WIRES) WITHOUT DISCONNECTING BATTERY FIRST.

Even if you are lucky and dont have it blow up in your face you will need a dealer to reset the airbag check light...and no airbags will not work till you do!

Then you can remove the seat by grabbing the head rest with left hand, the underneath of the seat base leather with the right.
In a clockwise rotation slide it under the steering wheel taking care not to scratch the door leather as you spin around.

you cannot do this with 2 people..too hard.
The seat is heavy...if you are a 50kg small guy then get someone else to do it and you buy the beers.

Hope that helps someone to save a lot of time and angst.

cya
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: www.380DB.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)