Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41 ->  Technical info for the 380 -> Sprintex,SMT6,etc -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon Only if you have registered by Email as per the instructions in the forum)

Sprintex bearing failure
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Technical info for the 380 -> Sprintex,SMT6,etcMessage format

wsbtt
Posted 4/9/2013 17:44 (#15656 - in reply to #15644)
Subject: Re: Sprintex bearing failure

Frequent flyer Gold

Administrator - 3/9/2013 21:11

I think I am giving it too much oil...thanks heaps for the heads up.

the sprintex kit has a weep nozzle that blocks up so I opened it up a bit...

Which oil are you using?

might try your way.

should i modify mine ???
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 4/9/2013 18:28 (#15658 - in reply to #14591)

Frequent flyer Gold

With all due respect to Bongo ...I have had a rethink on the advice about too much oil.........

It might be the case on the Ford where the oil is locked in...but on our kit the oil is sucked out by the rocker cover vacuum...so it cant really be overfilled because it just flows from the bottom of the nose assembly.

If I make it way too big i would lose overall oil pressure so have been careful about it.

I did actually speak to Mark at sprintex, he approved the idea as long as it wasn't TOOOOO big a difference.
wsbtt
Posted 4/9/2013 18:37 (#15660 - in reply to #15658)

Frequent flyer Gold

Administrator - 4/9/2013 18:28

With all due respect to Bongo ...I have had a rethink on the advice about too much oil.........

It might be the case on the Ford where the oil is locked in...but on our kit the oil is sucked out by the rocker cover vacuum...so it cant really be overfilled because it just flows from the bottom of the nose assembly.

If I make it way too big i would lose overall oil pressure so have been careful about it.

I did actually speak to Mark at sprintex, he approved the idea as long as it wasn't TOOOOO big a difference.

no worries ,cheers
BongoKongo
Posted 4/9/2013 21:39 (#15668 - in reply to #15658)

Administrator - 4/9/2013 18:28

Yes that is probably the best way of doing things for your setup. Yours is factory,, whereas I built mine myself from scratch & bolted the S5 onto the old girl.

I was thinking of kitting mine out with the vacuum oil feed, it seems that it would be a more efficient way of doing it.
By the way, did Mark Ambrosius (from Sprintex) have any ideas as to why the bearing may have failed in the 380?
Administrator
Posted 5/9/2013 13:45 (#15670 - in reply to #14591)

Frequent flyer Gold

Ours uses the engine oil which is rated at 10w/40...with recommended intervals of 10k/klm.

Yeah lack of oil is what killed my bearings.

I have now had 6 failures between three cars.

Admittedly 3 of them were low boost issues with series 3 blowers that were replaced free of charge with series 5 units.

The reason I enlarged the oil feed was to abate the bearing failures...I think I am on top of it now.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: www.380DB.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)