Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41
Mitsubishi 380 Forum -Exclusively for owners of the Australian 380 PS41 ->  Technical info for the 380 -> MUT 3 diagnostic area -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon Only if you have registered by Email as per the instructions in the forum)

MUT-3, what can it do
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Technical info for the 380 -> MUT 3 diagnostic areaMessage format

RPM
Posted 25/7/2012 16:28 (#14448)
Subject: MUT-3, what can it do

Just how much can the MUT-3 reprogram the electrical system in the 380?
I need to vary a lot of the functionality of the system, telling the ECU's to ignore the lack of signal from a lot of things so I can essentially run the engine separate from the rest of the car using the original engine ECU, etacs, front ecu. I would really like to keep using the original ECU's if I can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RPM
Posted 25/7/2012 16:35 (#14449 - in reply to #14448)
Subject: Re: MUT-3, what can it do

Thought I should add to this.

I want to keep using the column controls - indicators, wipers, cruise control (not absolutely necessary but nice)
I want to keep the centre console display and dash.
I want to keep the full engine management system.
I want to shut off the ABS - will only have front sensors.
I want to shut off the door ECU, window control, boot lock, bonnet open interlock/alarm.
I will not have airbags so will need to shut these off
It is manual car - no AT control
No air conditioning.
I have dash loom, engine bay loom, main engine ecu, column, etacs, front ecu. Not sure if i have the abs ecu and I don't have an ABS pump.

Edited by RPM 25/7/2012 16:37
Administrator
Posted 25/7/2012 22:19 (#14450 - in reply to #14448)

Frequent flyer Gold

The MUT3 can not do any of that.

It can reprogram the ECU and show faults like wheel sensors, o2 sensors, airbag faults, knock sensors, ecu learnt setting resets etc

but noone has the software or information to remap the fuel settings etc......but.....

If you send a PM to the man from Russia here..."Stayer" I think he can help you with most of that.

Personally I have used a Link Extrem ecu...it controls all that you seek to do and the factory ECU stays happy.

Your application requires a mix of the two solutions I mention...Stayer to hack your stock ECU and the Link to have full configurability.

You need things like the ABS diasabled, airbags disabled, etc Stayer can do that....

a 380 runs fine with airbags disconnected, but ABS stops it from starting I seem to recall?

let me know how you go.

When you get your ECU back it will need a MUT3 to match the keys etc to the ECU.
RPM
Posted 26/7/2012 09:41 (#14451 - in reply to #14448)

Thanks. I don't want to reprogram the fuel settings/maps etc, but basically I want to get the engine running independant of the rest of the car without going into limp home mode. I'd also like to keep the functionality of the column switches. My concern is that the engine management will not function without the ABS computer saying that all is ok. As I will not be running ABS this will be a challenge.
Administrator
Posted 26/7/2012 11:00 (#14452 - in reply to #14451)

Frequent flyer Gold

RPM - 26/7/2012 09:41

Thanks. I don't want to reprogram the fuel settings/maps etc, but basically I want to get the engine running independant of the rest of the car without going into limp home mode. I'd also like to keep the functionality of the column switches. My concern is that the engine management will not function without the ABS computer saying that all is ok. As I will not be running ABS this will be a challenge.

Talk to stayer...tell him what you need.
RPM
Posted 26/7/2012 12:01 (#14453 - in reply to #14448)

I looked at Stayer's projects and the mmacflash
Issue we have is that Australia and australia alone went with the Bosch ecu and I doubt the mmcflash will be any good. I'll contact him anyway
RPM
Posted 26/7/2012 15:34 (#14460 - in reply to #14448)
Subject: RE: MUT-3, what can it do

I noticed your Link ECU vid on youtube. How is that going?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: www.380DB.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)